Treat spondylosis naturally with Ayurveda.
While Spondylosis is most likely to affect people in the 60+ age group, People in their 30s and 40s too can get affected by spondylosis.
Spondylosis describes the general degeneration of the spine from any cause. Most often, the term spondylosis is used to describe spinal osteoarthritis which is part of the inevitable aging process. However, spondylosis can occur in younger people too. Lack of exercise, decreased vitamins and calcium levels in the body, poor posture, injury or smoking can cause spondylosis.
Symptoms of Spondylosis
Your symptoms can vary significantly depending on the severity of your condition. Some of the most common symptoms include:
- Localized pain, usually in the neck, back or lower back
- Pain radiating down the arm or leg
- A feeling of weakness, numbness, or tingling in the arms or legs
- Muscle stiffness, spasms, or pain
- Difficulty with balancing the body
- Bowel or bladder incontinence
Causes and Risk factors of Spondylosis?
Wear and tear due to advancing age is the general cause of spondylosis. is a common occurrence as people age. Factors that can hasten cervical spondylosis include having:
- A genetic tendency
- Past injury or surgery of the spine
- An occupation that requires repetitive or weight-bearing movements that involves the spine
- Anxiety or depression
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Being overweight
- Sedentary lifestyle
How does Spondylosis occur?
Some of the possible causes of spondylosis include:
- Dehydrated Spinal Discs : The bones in the spine contain discs between them. The discs are thick, paddy cushions that help in absorbing the shock of twisting, lifting, and other rigorous activities. The presence of the gel-like material between the discs of the spine bones could dry out with the passage of time. Due to the drying up of the cushiony disc, there is increased friction between the bones as they start to rub together resulting in pain.
- Herniated Discs : A herniated disc develops when one of the disks in the spine ruptures or develops a crack. This happens due to the development of cracks in the spinal discs. These cracks allow the leakage of the internal gel required for cushioning. The gel and part of the outer disc could press on the nerves & spinal cord and would thus, result in spondylosis symptoms including pain radiating down to the arms and numbness.
- Bone Spurs : These are overgrowth of the bones in the neck or spine area. They may be due to the body trying to grow some extra bone to make the spine stronger. However, the growth of extra bones could start pressing on the delicate areas of the spine including the spinal cord, nerves and surrounding muscles –leading to pain & discomfort.
- Injury : An injury in your neck during some accident or fall, could accelerate the process leading to spondylosis.
Spinal osteoarthritis is another term for spondylosis You may also hear spondylosis referred to by other name spinal arthritis.
Spondylosis does not always cause symptoms. When symptoms do occur, they typically include neck or back pain or stiffness. Also, symptom severity will depend on location and grade of arthritic changes.
Spondylosis is common, but it is usually not serious. Many who have it experience no pain, though it can be painful for some.
Complications of untreated or poorly controlled spondylosis can be serious. It can lead to the progression of symptoms causing chronic, debilitating pain, can damage the nerves and can even lead to degenerative neurological symptoms, thereby, diminishing your overall quality of life.
Spondylosis is an age-related wear and tear that happens in your spine. At UWAY most of the conditions of spondylosis are managed effectively.
At UWAY, spondylosis is treated with a combination or oral medications, external oil application, dietary and lifestyle modifications complemented with yoga.
With effective ayurvedic treatment, in most of the cases surgeries can be avoided.
Spondylosis is a progressive, degenerative disease process that deteriorates with age. However, with effective ayurveda treatment, the disease can be slowed down, the cervical spine can be strengthened and an overall positive result can be achieved.
Ayurveda medications are usually a very safe and effective option for treating spondylosis.
At UWAY, our doctors prescribe only proven medicines from well-established and reputed ayurvedic medicine manufacturers. However, just like certain foods do not always agree with everyones, few ayurvedic medicines may cause mild side effects in some patients. This is very rare though. In case you notice any such issue you can always talk to your consulting doctor or our medical team.
Consultations at Uway can last anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes.
We require most of the medical records related to the current problem, the medicines you are on currently and for pre-existing conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, thyroid, cardiac issues etc.
Request A Call Back
Call Us: +91 – 8050 258 111
Quick, Convenient & Safe Healthcare
How we work?
If you are suffering from spondylosis
SHARE YOUR DETAILS WITH MEDICAL ADVISOR
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER NOW