Hair loss is a natural phenomenon
Did you know that your scalp naturally loses 50-100 hair strands in a day?
It is normal to shed some hair each day. This usually isn’t noticeable because new hair keeps growing in at the same time. However, if you experience more than normal hair loss or you if you have noticed that new hair hasn’t replaced the hair that has fallen out, you should pay attention.
Hair loss can be the result of hereditary factors, hormonal changes, medical conditions, stress or as a normal part of the aging process.
According to Ayurveda, hair loss is believed to be caused by an imbalance of Pitta energy in the body. Along with a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle, various ayurvedic herbs can help balance your doshas and reverse hair loss.
Common Signs of Hair Fall
- Gradual thinning of your hair starting close to the hairline
- Alopecia or losing hair in a circular patch at the top of the head
- Losing hair in patches all over the scalp.
- Hair starting to feel loose and breaks easily
Causes of Hair Loss
- Changes in hormones: Hormonal changes due to pregnancy, childbirth, menopause and thyroid problems.
- Hereditary: Happens gradually with aging leading to male pattern baldness or hereditary pattern baldness.
- Emotional or mental stress: Emotional or mental stress can lead to hair loss.
- Fungal infections: Bald patches can result from a ringworm infection in the scalp.
- Poor nutrition: A diet deficient in the required amount of nutrients such as proteins, amino acids, vitamins, etc. can cause hair fall
- Lifestyle: Including sleep deprivation, smoking, stress, and excess sun exposure can cause hormonal imbalance, resulting in hair loss.
- Certain medications and major surgery: Certain medications and major surgery can cause temporary hair loss. This includes blood thinners, vitamin A supplements, medications for thyroid issues, high blood pressure, antidepressants, heart problems, birth control pills and so on.
- Hairstyles and treatments: Certain hairstyles that pull your hair tight or chemicals used for hair styling can cause damage.
It is extremely important to take timely action if you if you experience more than normal hair loss or you if you have noticed that new hair hasn’t replaced the hair that has fallen out, as this can prevent a lot of damage.
The most common cause of hair loss is a hereditary condition that happens with aging.
It’s normal to shed between 50 and 100 hairs a day. Anything above this number is considered an abnormal hair fall.
Yes, you can take the Ayurvedic treatment at Uway for hair treatment even if you are on other medications, since there are no interactions. However, if there is an issue with any particular medicine, the doctor will let you know.
Ayurveda medications are usually a very safe and effective option for treating hair loss.
At UWAY, our doctors prescribe only proven medicines from well-established and reputed ayurvedic medicine manufacturers. However, just like certain foods do not always agree with everyone, few ayurvedic medicines may cause mild side effects in some patients. This is very rare though. In case you notice any such issue you can always talk to your consulting doctor or our medical team.
Consultations for treatment at Uway can last anywhere from 15 to 40 minutes.
Request A Call Back
Call Us: +91 – 8050 258 111
Quick, Convenient & Safe Healthcare
How we work?
Reach Us For Any Questions
SHARE YOUR DETAILS WITH MEDICAL ADVISOR
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER NOW