Piles Can Be Painfu Treat Them the Ayurveda Way!
Piles also called hemorrhoids, are swollen blood vessels in your anus and lower rectum. These swollen blood vessels can turn bowel movement into an intensely painful experience.
It is not known yet what exactly causes the veins around your anus to swell and bulge. Constipation, sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy diet, smoking and alcohol, family history, being pregnant or obese, and stress are some of the common factors contributing to an increased risk of piles.
Causes & Risk Factors of Piles
The actual cause of piles remains unknown. The chances of suffering from the condition increase with age. However, children and the elderly have also been diagnosed with this condition. Common factors that increase your risk include:
- Chronic constipation or diarrhea
- Familial history of hemorrhoids
- Being overweight or obese
- Straining during bowel movements
- Lifting heavy weights regularly
- Smoking and alcohol
- Being stressed
- Pelvic pressure from weight gain, especially during pregnancy.
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Having a low fiber diet
Different Grades of Piles
Piles can be grouped into four different categories or grades. They are as follows:
- Grade I: Piles that lead to small inflammations along the lining of the anus. They are usually not visible.
- Grade II: Piles that are larger than the Grade I. Sometimes, they protrude out during straining or passing stool but retract spontaneously.
- Grade III: Piles that hang out from the rectum. They can be re-inserted back quite easily though.
- Grade IV: Piles that are usually large and cannot be re-inserted back. They remain outside the anus (external hemorrhoids).
Different Types of Piles
Piles can happen inside or outside the rectum. The different types vary on where the swollen vein develops such as:
- Internal Piles: They lie deep inside the rectum and usually do not hurt because there are less pain-sensing nerves in the rectum. They might not cause any pain, but their presence is marked with the symptom of bleeding through the anus.
- External Piles: They are formed under the skin around your anus. External hemorrhoids can be itchy and painful and at times they may bleed.
- Prolapsed Piles: Both internal and external Piles can prolapse i.e., they can swell and bulge outside of the anus. These piles may bleed or cause pain.
Symptoms Of Piles
- Rectal pain and discomfort
- Painless bleeding during bowel movements
- Itchiness, soreness, and redness in the anal area
- Mucus discharge
Piles generally start due to prolonged increased pressure in the blood vessels of the rectum. Constipation, frequent diarrhea, obesity, sitting for prolonged periods of time, pregnancy heavy lifting etc. can cause this increased pressure.
Certain gastrointestinal disorders can cause rectal bleeding and other symptoms like piles. GI diseases that can cause bleeding include, colon cancer, Crohn’s disease, and ulcerative colitis. Some of these disorders are life-threatening and so it’s always good to talk to a doctor.
Piles can be uncomfortable and painful, but they don’t tend to cause serious problems. However, if left untreated they can cause chronic blood loss which can lead to anemia.
A hemorrhoid that develops a blood clot, or thrombus, inside is referred to as a thrombosed hemorrhoid. This blood clot can partially or completely block any blood flow to and from the hemorrhoid, resulting in swelling and pain.
Piles is a very frequently and successfully treated condition in ayurveda. It has very effective treatment at UWAY.
At Uway we treat anal piles by using a combination of oral medications, external therapies like sitz bath and local application of medications, healthy lifestyle and dietary modifications complemented with yoga.
For advanced conditions like, prolapsed piles and piles which do not respond to conservative oral medications ayurveda has minimal invasive procedures which include procedures like ksharasutra or tying of medicated thread which are very useful in treating piles.
Most of the ayurvedic medications do not usually interfere with Allopathic medications. However, it is always good to discuss the existing medications that you are already on with your treating doctor at UWAY.
Ayurveda medications are usually a very safe and effective option for treating Piles.
At UWAY, our doctors prescribe only proven medicines from well-established and reputed ayurvedic medicine manufacturers. However, just like certain foods do not agree with everyone always, few ayurvedic medicines may cause mild side effects in some patients. This is very rare though. In case, you notice any such issue you can always talk to your consulting doctor or our medical team.
Consultations at UWAY can last anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes We require most of the medical records related to the current problem, the medicines you are on currently and for pre-existing conditions for diabetes, hypertension, thyroid, cardiac issues etc.
Request A Call Back
Call Us: +91 – 8050 258 111
Quick, Convenient & Safe Healthcare
How we work?
If you are suffering from anal piles
SHARE YOUR DETAILS WITH MEDICAL ADVISOR
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER NOW